This Vegan Brie Cheese is surprisingly similar to the real thing. And very easy to prepare. you can also give it your own spin by adding any herbs or spice for a different flavor. Serve with with crackers, fresh baguette, fresh fruit or have fun coming up with your own delicious toppings.
To make the cheese you can choose any nuts for the base. I chose cashews for this recipe but feel free to try with any other nuts or seeds. And then for the extra flavor, I used parsley and coriander but other great flavors could be truffles shavings or peppercorns.
I have prepared this Vegan Brie Cheese a couple of times when we have friends for dinner as an appetizer and people are always very impressed by the fact it is vegan and dairy free. If you enjoy savory sweet dishes like me you can add toasted pecans and maple syrup as toppings. Simply bake pecans in the oven for about 10 minutes until toasted and fragrant and sprinkle over cheese. Heat a saucepan over medium high and bring the maple syrup to a boil add 1 tablespoon of raw brown sugar and combine. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes and drizzle over cheese.
Vegan Brie Cheese
This Vegan Brie Cheese is a great dairy free alternative.Simply blend a little oil with water and your base (nuts, seeds, veggies or even white beans), simmer and shape.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbps. unflavor coconut oil r
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley
- pinch of salt
- Step 1 Drain the soaked cashews and add them to the jar of your blender or food processor along with the water, nutritional yeast and salt. Blend into a smooth mass.
- Step 2 Using a cheesecloth drain your cashew mix.
- Step 3 Transfer cashew mix into a round bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Pour the cheese mixture into the mold. Cover and put the cheese into the fridge for 8 to 16 hours so it can firm up.
- Step 4 Once the cheese is set, carefully peel away the plastic wrap and serve with crackers.