I figured today—Valentine’s—is the perfect time to share one of my husband’s favorite dessert recipes. And if my husband says this cheesecake is good, trust me, it really is good since he takes cheesecake seriously. (He is a cheesecake enthusiast).
This cheesecake is so creamy and tasteful your friends or loved ones won’t even believe it’s healthy!
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
Healthy, paleo, gluten and dairy free, only 5 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely ground almonds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¼ cup large lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- To decorate:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 40 g raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- Step 1 For the crust: In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix them well until everything is evenly distributed.
- Step 2 Press the crust mixture into the cake pan and compress it until you get an even layer.Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Step 3 For the filling:In the food processor or blender add all filling ingredients and mix until very smooth.Once it’s smooth, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness and tartness if desired.
- Step 4 Pour the filling into the crust and smooth out the top.
- Step 5 To make the drizzle, place the raspberries into a small saucepan along with the sugar. Mix the cornflour with 1 ½ tbsp cold water in a small bowl and add to the pan. Place over a medium-high heat and simmer until the raspberries are completely broken up. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Step 6 Add the raspberry sauce on top and decorate as you may like.
- Step 7 Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or until completely firm before slicing and serving. You can store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.