This Easy No-Bake Healthy Oreo Cheesecake makes the perfect Christmas dessert. You will never believe it is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
This past Monday was Adrian’s birthday. I know I have already mentioned it to you guys a couple of times before but it just amazes me how quickly time flies. I met him when he was fifteen and he is now thirty-one! Which means we have been together for more than half his life. And every day I feel so happy to have him by my side. I think we have built quite an amazing life together!
Every year I prepare him a cake for his birthday. I always chose from his favorites “not so healthy” desserts and change them into a “healthier version”. This year I combined his old time favorite: Cheesecake with one of his favorite cookies to make this delicious No-Bake Healthy Oreo Cheesecake.
To be honest I am not a huge fan of Oreos. I don’t know exactly why but since I was little I never really loved them. I even tried them with peanut butter after watching The Parent Trap (I bet that if you saw the movie you probably also did it). However, I do have to admit the combination of the Oreos with the cheesecake turned out fantastic. And since Christmas is just around the corner (we are big fans of Christmas at home) I added some crushed peppermint candy on top as decoration. The peppermint added just the perfect touch to the cheesecake by adding a nice peppermint kick at the end.
Tips for Making the Healthy Oreo Cheesecake
– Soak cashews in warm water for at least 4 hours or overnight. This will help to break them apart in the food processor and aim with digestion.
Make sure your mixture is thick and firm, it should be similar in consistency to a thick mousse.
– Remove from the freezer at least 5 minutes before slicing (and 10 minutes before serving). Tip: I find using a warm very sharp knife helps get you a clean slice.
For other cheesecake recipes check out:
No-Bake Healthy Oreo Cheesecake
This Healthy Oreo Cheesecake makes the perfect Christmas dessert. The combination of the Oreos with the cheesecake works fantastic.
- For the crust:
- 12 Oreos
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 4 dates
- For the filling:
- 3 cups cashews
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- Step 1 Soak the cashews in water for 1 hour and set aside.
- Step 2 Place the Oreos, coconut oil and dates in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3 Press this mixture evenly onto the bottom of your baking pan and place it in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake topping.
- Step 4 Drain the cashews and place them in a blender along with the maple syrup, coconut cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Blend until everything is fully incorporated and you have a smooth mixture.
- Step 5 Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread it evenly.
- Step 6 Freeze the dessert for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy.