This healthy M&Ms Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie recipe makes the perfect soft chewy cookie perfect for sharing (or not!)
Made with oatmeal, almond flour, eggs, almond milk, peanut butter, and M&Ms.
Who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast? I think that is probably why I say that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love turning not so healthy desserts into a healthier version and have them for breakfast.
Note: I am not saying you should eat dessert for breakfast every day. As I have told you guys a few times now, the best thing to do is stick with a balanced diet. That means a good balance of protein, carbs, and fats. I like changing things around by enjoying some sweet breakfasts on some days and staying with savory options on others in that way I don’t get bored with the same flavors and I can also make sure I am eating a well-varied diet.
Anyway, this M&Ms Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie is about to become your favorite dessert or breakfast. You can substitute the M&M for Reeses, chocolate chips or any other candy you like. I personally love M&M and haven’t had them in a while so I decided to splurge myself and add a few to my skillet cookie.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! And don’t forget to leave a like or a comment. I love reading your comments and knowing that you enjoy the recipes!
Until next time.
M&Ms Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 extra ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 bag M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, grease an 8 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, grease an 8 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash the ripe banana and mix it with the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the oatmeal and salt. Add the banana mixture into the oatmeal and mix until well combined. Add the M&M's and stir.
- Add batter to the grease cast iron skillet and flatten with a rubber spatula. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Then top the skillet with foil (to avoid burning the top) and bake for another 8-10 minutes
- Top with ice cream and enjoy!