These Healthy Strawberry Ricotta Crepes are one of my favorite weekend breakfast recipes. They might look intimidating to prepare at first but they are actually very easy to make with simple ingredients most people have on hand.
If you were to ask me I had to choose one food to eat day and night for the rest of my life I will with no doubt choose crepes. I just love them plus I think they are very versatile. They go well with anything. From sweet to savory or in between. Most people loved them filled with Nutella and strawberries or banana but the options are endless.
I love experimenting at home with different sweet versions. These Healthy Strawberry Ricotta Crepes are definitely one of my favorite ones. Follow by Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Crepes or Pear and Nut Butter. For a savory version, I really like filling them with eggs or salmon.
How to Make The Crepes
All you need to do is learn how to prepare the actual crepe and then you can experiment base on what you like. You can also make the batter for the crepes one day in advance if you want and store it covered in the fridge. That way it is easier to prepare them the next day. All you need to do is add all of your crepe ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender to incorporate flour that may have stuck on the side. Blend again for a few seconds.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease lightly and add about 1/4 cup of batter, swirling it around the pan to form a large, thin pancake. Cook for 30 seconds or so on each side, flipping once, until lightly golden. Then fill crepes with your favorite filling and roll them tightly or fold them in four. Enjoy!
Healthy Strawberry Ricotta crepes
Easy homemade crepes with a delicious strawberry and ricotta filling. You can enjoy Strawberries and Ricotta Crepes for a fancy breakfast or dessert.
- Step 1 Place flour in medium bowl. Whisk in eggs, 1/4 cup oil, milk, 1 1/4 cups water, and salt.
- Step 2 Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Step 3 brush pan with oil.
- Step 4 Add ¼ cupful batter to skillet
- Step 5 tilt to coat bottom. Cook crepe until golden on bottom, adjusting heat to prevent burning, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Step 6 Using spatula, turn crepe over
- Step 7 cook 30 seconds. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Step 8 Fill crepes by spreading ricotta, and topping with strawberries and honey.