This Healthy Golden Milk French Toast is delicious and lower in calories than the traditional version. And if that is not enough it also has anti-inflammatory properties thanks to the miraculous benefits of Turmeric.
As you have probably read on previous posts or if you were curious enough to read my about page. A lot about this blog is turning naughty meals into healthier versions that you can enjoy with no guilt.
I like to take something delicious like Pancakes, Muffins or Donuts and tweak around ingredients to make them not only lower in calories but also with ingredients that are actually good for you and nurture your body. That way you can enjoy those guilty pleasure meals every day!
My go to in the morning is usually pancakes. I don’t know what is it about them but I could definitely have them every day without getting bored. And what I love the most is just how versatile they are. One day I have them with banana, other with cacao or chocolate chips, maybe I am feeling like pumpkin cinnamon. You name it! But Adrian was getting a little bit bored about pancakes. Plus, my friend’s Steph husband asked me to come up with a new different since he is bored of my Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
So per requested this Healthy Golden Milk French Toast is so easy to prepare and as delicious as having pancakes. The secret ingredient: Golden Milk.
If you are not familiar with it, Turmeric Milk also known as Golden Milk is the infusion of either dry turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root into milk. Traditionally, it is an Indian drink most used for treating specific diseases as well as a tonic for general health. It has a wonderful spice flavor that I just thought would go great with French Toast. Downed with maple syrup and topped with berries this is the perfect breakfast to start your day.
Healthy Golden Milk French Toast
Delicious Healthy Golde Milk French Toast with anti-inflammatory properties from the Golden Milk.
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup turmeric milk
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 slices Ezekiel Bread
- Step 1 Heat a skillet on medium heat and lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Step 2 In a bowl combine the egg, cinnamon, vanilla and turmeric milk and whisk until all is combined.
- Step 3 Then dip one slice at a time into the egg mixture letting it sit in the mixture on each side for 10 seconds.
- Step 4 Once each side is coated place slice on the skillet.
- Step 5 Let each side cook until golden brown before flipping it about 3 minutes.
- Step 6 Then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Step 7 Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh berries on top.