This Healthy French toast Casserole is a delicious and decadent spin on the classic breakfast dish that can be made the day before and refrigerate overnight so it’s ready to bake and enjoy in the morning.
As you all know I love having dessert for breakfast. I just feel that having something sweet in the morning allows me to start my day off with deliciousness and ready to tackle my day.
However, during the week I don’t have that much time to cook since we have to leave home pretty early to get to our daily activities. Which is why I like preparing our breakfast the day before.
I am a huge fan of French Toast but since it might take a little longer to prepare I usually stuck to having it on weekends. But that my friends, was until I discovered this delicious easy to prepare Healthy French Toast Casserole. All you need to do is assemble the casserole the night before so you can save some time in the morning and place it on the fridge overnight. Once you are ready to eat your casserole just place in on the oven for 30 to 40 minutes and enjoy.
How to Make French Toast Casserole
- Cut the bread into one-inch cubes.
- Combine eggs, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut sugar and frozen blueberries.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and very gently toss to coat.
- Place the bread in a single layer on the baking dish.
- Top with crumb mixture and bake until golden.
- Top with more fruit, syrup, whipped cream or your own favorite toppings!
Healthy French Toast Casserole
- 8 slieces bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the topping
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Cut bread into 1 inch chunks and set aside. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the milk, cinnamon, salt and vanilla and mix well. Pour evenly over the bread cubes.Gently toss the bread around a little to make sure the top and bottom pieces all get dipped in the egg mixture. Spread out evenly on the baking dish and cover. Refrigerate overnight. At this point you can quickly make the topping before hand, and leave it in the fridge overnight.In a small bowl mix together the almond meal, oats, sugar and almond butter. When ready to bake preheat oven to 350. Uncover your french toast pan and sprinkle the topping evenly over top. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set at the bottom. Allow french toast to cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting it into squares.