These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are dairy-free and refined sugar-free made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, and dark chocolate. Plus, they are so easy to prepare.
I made these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies for my husband since I know Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of his favorite cookies or all time treat.
The problem with most chocolate chip cookies is thay they are loaded with refined sugars and processed ingredients. There are of course healthier version out there but to be honest, most of them are pretty dry and not very flavorful. So to surprise him I decided to experiment a little bit and make my own version of Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Begin by placing the coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and egg in a medium-size bowl. Then using a hand mixer blend the ingredients together till you form like a cream type consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Leave the chocolate chips till the end. Once everything is fully incorporated gently fold them in.
- Using an ice cream scoop scoop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet. And bake e until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a sheet pan for 5 minutes,Allow them to cool before serving.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil room temperaturre
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl place the coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and egg and mix using a hand mixer.In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.Stir in the chocolate chips.Using an ice cream scoop scoop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.