An easy healthy waffle recipe made with whole wheat flour and flavored with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries for a delicious high protein and fiber breakfast.
I think one of the reasons why I love weekend so much is because it also means it is time for brunch! Which for me personally means a combination of a sweet and salty breakfast. Cause let’s face it is the weekend and who want to take important decisions on weekends right? (haha)
We usually go out for brunch on Saturdays and then Sunday are kind of a more lazy day for us so we usually prepare a delicious brunch at home. Which the past couple of months have been waffles. I am sure you can tell by checking out my latest post, which has mainly waffles. Anyway, this recipe is one of my favorites. One because they are so easy to make. And two because you get some thick, crunchy on the outside and a bit chewy in the inside waffles. And to make them even more delicious I added some fresh berries and a delicious chocolate sauce which my friends at ChocZero send.
How to Make Healthy Waffles
- In a large bowl mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the dry and mix everything together.
- Preheat waffle maker and make waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions. I like using a big ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough into the waffle maker. That way I avoid making a mess.
- Once your waffles are done remove them from the waffle maker and top them with your favorite toppings.
Healthy Waffle Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk until well combined.Transfer the wet ingredients to the dry and mix everything together.Preheat waffle maker and make waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions. Amount of batter depends on the size of your waffle maker. Once the waffles are done top with your favorite toppings.