Satisfy your sweet craving with this decadent Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts. Sweet, fluffy and actually good for you!
This past weekend we were at Capitol Hill and we stumble with a beautiful donut shop: District Doughnut. If you live in D.C. you have probably heard of them. Of course Adrian couldn’t resist! I mean who can resist donuts?
We decided to try two of their season special: Pumpkin Glazed + Milk Chocolate Glazed. I have to be honest they were insanly good! Probably full of sugar, but is all about balance right?
Afterwards when we were home I decided to make my healthy version of the Milk Chocolate Glazed. You are proabbly not going to believe me but i promise they turned out as good as theirs (minus all the sugar). If you don’t believe me you can ask Adrian who was very doubtful when I first started making them. But by the end of the weekend there was not one donut left!
The best part of these Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts Recipe is that is so simple to make. You just whip up the donut batter, fill your donut pans and after 15-18 minutes you have your donuts! Of course you can’t forget the glazing! Honestly I think it is the best part of the donuts. And it is only made of two ingredients – chocolte chips and coconut oil- can you believe it?
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you should also check out this Maple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts
These Chocolate Glazed Donuts are gluten-free, Paleo friendly and low in sugar!
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tbsp. for the frosting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a standard donut pan.
- Step 2 Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until fine.
- Step 3 Add the cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl add the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla extract and coconut oil and whisk until combined.
- Step 5 Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir together.
- Step 6 Add the batter to the 6 holes of the donuts tray and lightly tap the tray on the counter to evenly distribute.
- Step 7 Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15-18 min.
- Step 8 In the meantime in a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Step 9 Once your donuts are ready allow them to cool a little bit before adding the glazing. Enjoy!