This quick and delicious Chocolate Banana Oatmeal is sweetened with ripe banana, full of chocolate flavor and topped with coconut whipped cream.
I hear so many people say they don’t like oatmeal and that they just eat it because it is good for them. And I agree if you are just cooking your oatmeal according to the package instructions is not that it tastes bad but it is just so bland and boring.
But trust me once you get creative with your oatmeal you are going to realize how delicious it can be. Plus the combinations are endless so there is no way you can get bored!
This Chocolate Banana Oatmeal is one of my all time favorites! It is literally like having a delicious dessert for breakfast and the best thing is that it is actually good for you.
Before we head over to the recipe let’s talk about some of the great benefits of oatmeal:
6 Health Benefits of Oatmeal
- Oats are high in fiber. Fiber helps your digestive system and helps you feel full for longer. Thus reducing your cravings and helping you lose weight.
- Oats can lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar. Oats can help regulateblood sugar, thanks to the high fiber and low glycemic index.
- Oats provide important vitamins and minerals. Oatmeal is high in iron, zinc, selenium, and magnesium.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants which help boost your brain, heart, and digestion.
- Oats are good for your skin. Oatmeal has rich anti-oxidant properties which help undo damage done to your skin y pollution, UV rays and chemicals.
- Oats are an immune system booster. The beta-glucan found in oats helps boost our infection-fighting blood cells. Oats also contain selenium and zinc, two important nutrients for warding off infection and helping you stay in fighting shape.
For other oatmeal recipes check out: