These delicious gluten-free chocolate donuts are soft and tender. Top with tahini chocolate butter. The make the perfect mid-day indulgence. I am so glad I had some spare time this weekend to do a little bit of baking. As you guys probably know I love […]
This healthy M&Ms Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie recipe makes the perfect soft chewy cookie perfect for sharing (or not!) Made with oatmeal, almond flour, eggs, almond milk, peanut butter, and M&Ms. Who doesn’t love dessert for breakfast? I think that is probably why I […]
These mini cheesecake tarts are the perfect individual dessert. Made with Kates Real Food granola bars, cashews, lemon, and coconut milk for the perfect gluten-free, nondairy treat.
I am a huge fan of cheesecake but as with most desserts, it is usually loaded with tons of processed sugar and high in fat. So why not make a healthy version you can enjoy anytime without any guilt?
These mini cheesecake tarts are one of my favorite summer treats. You can also add some fresh fruit such as blueberries or raspberries before you freeze them. Or just add some fresh fruit or berry jam when you are about to eat them.
How to Make the Perfect Cheesecake Tart
- Soak cashews overnight.
- For the base: Add Kates Real Food Granola to a food processor along with dates and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- In a blender add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, and agave. Blend until smooth.
- Place your paper muffin cups a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. Scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp of crust and press with fingers.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
Mini Cheesecake Tarts
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2-3 Kates Real Food Granola
- 1. Soak cashews overnight. 2. For the base: Add Kates Real Food Granola to a food processor along with dates and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.3. In a blender add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, and agave. Blend until smooth. 4. Place your paper muffin cups a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. Scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp of crust and press with fingers. 5. Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with no refined sugar! Made with dark chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil for a quick, easy no bake treat! I made these Copycat Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups as a gift for my husband who loves Reeses. But of […]
These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies are dairy-free and refined sugar-free made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, and dark chocolate. Plus, they are so easy to prepare. I made these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies for my husband since I know Chocolate Chip […]
This Healthy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich is the perfect creamy, cold, dairy treat for the summer. The cookies are made with almond flour, cacao, almond butter and other wholesome ingredients.
It is beginning to look a lot like summer! Despite it is only March (late March to be fair) the weather is finally getting warmer and people are so eager to be outside that you can see all the parks and streets beginning to get crowded with adults, kids and of course dogs! In order to celebrate this beautiful weather, I decided to make some delicious frozen treats. and what could be better thhan a Healthy Ice Cream Sandwich?
It looked so decadent and delicious that it was very hard not to have a bite while I was taking the photos. The best part of all, is that they are made with real, good for you ingredients so you can enjoy the whole sandwich with no guilt at all!
The cookies are paleo and keto friendly since I used almond flour and monk fruit to make them. They are actually not that sweet (you can add more sweetness if you like your cookies extra sweet) but the ice cream compensates for this.
For the ice cream, I used So Delicious Dairy Free Butter Pecan, which BTW is one of my favorite flavors. Other good option for these cookies would be there Salted Caramel Cluster. But what I really like about the Butter Pecan is that it has chunks of pecan which gives the sandwich a great twist.
These Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches were literally gone in one day! Remember to tag me @marianadiezcoach when you make them or leave a comment below!
Healthy Ice Cream Sandwich
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 tbsp monk fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup so delicious pecan praline ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line one baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cacao, gelatin, baking soda, and salt.In a large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sweetener with an electric mixer until well-combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, then beat in the almond flour mixture until the dough comes together. Stir in the chocolate chunks.Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and use a fork to press the cookies down. Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookies have spread and puffed up a bit. They will still be very soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the pan.Allow the cookies to be completely cool before you add the ice cream. Then using an ice cream scooper add one ball of ice cream to one cookies and press with another cookie. Refirgerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
These Chocolate Protein Muffins with Peanut butter are loaded with protein and fiber. Made from Vega Chocolate Protein powder, spelt flour, oat flour, eggs and banana they make the perfect post-workout snack. My husband and I are training for our first triathlon. I always wanted […]
Love is in the air! It’s almost Valentine’s Day and today I want to share with you a special recipe. This Healthy No Bake Tart recipe is delicious and requires very few ingredients. Plus there is no baking involved! You only have to combine all […]
Satisfy your sweet craving with this decadent Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts. Sweet, fluffy and actually good for you!
This past weekend we were at Capitol Hill and we stumble with a beautiful donut shop: District Doughnut. If you live in D.C. you have probably heard of them. Of course Adrian couldn’t resist! I mean who can resist donuts?
We decided to try two of their season special: Pumpkin Glazed + Milk Chocolate Glazed. I have to be honest they were insanly good! Probably full of sugar, but is all about balance right?
Afterwards when we were home I decided to make my healthy version of the Milk Chocolate Glazed. You are proabbly not going to believe me but i promise they turned out as good as theirs (minus all the sugar). If you don’t believe me you can ask Adrian who was very doubtful when I first started making them. But by the end of the weekend there was not one donut left!
The best part of these Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts Recipe is that is so simple to make. You just whip up the donut batter, fill your donut pans and after 15-18 minutes you have your donuts! Of course you can’t forget the glazing! Honestly I think it is the best part of the donuts. And it is only made of two ingredients – chocolte chips and coconut oil- can you believe it?
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you should also check out this Maple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Donuts
These Chocolate Glazed Donuts are gluten-free, Paleo friendly and low in sugar!
By: Mariana Diez
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tbsp. for the frosting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a standard donut pan.
- Step 2 Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until fine.
- Step 3 Add the cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl add the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla extract and coconut oil and whisk until combined.
- Step 5 Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir together.
- Step 6 Add the batter to the 6 holes of the donuts tray and lightly tap the tray on the counter to evenly distribute.
- Step 7 Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15-18 min.
- Step 8 In the meantime in a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Step 9 Once your donuts are ready allow them to cool a little bit before adding the glazing. Enjoy!
Colder climate and abundant apple harvests make this Apple Strudel a perfect dessert or breakfast option. Traditionally loaded with sugar, refined carbs, and butter this Healthy Apple Strudel is gluten-free, low in fat and sugar. It is already Fall which means apple picking season is […]