Love is in the air! It’s almost Valentine’s Day and today I want to share with you a special recipe. This Healthy No Bake Tart recipe is delicious and requires very few ingredients. Plus there is no baking involved! You only have to combine all […]
This quick and delicious Chocolate Banana Oatmeal is sweetened with ripe banana, full of chocolate flavor and topped with coconut whipped cream. I hear so many people say they don’t like oatmeal and that they just eat it because it is good for them. And […]
These No Flour Sweet Potato Brownies are the perfect sweet treat for anyone who is trying to stay away from grains or just trying to eat healthier. Best of all they are super easy to make and you only need 5 ingredients. I made this […]
This easy Vegetarian Taco Salad recipe is a great way to enjoy your favorite tacos while helping you get in more greens. Made with corn tortillas, cheese, amaranth, and sunflower seeds.
I love when salads like this Vegetarian Taco Salad recipe are filling enough to be a full balanced meal. This salad has it all- lots of greens, good fats, protein-cheese and healthy carbs all tossed in a delicious slightly sweet honey mustard vinaigrette. I prefer also making my own vinaigrette this way I can control the amount of sugar, but feel free to use any commercial version you like. If you make your own vinaigrette you can store it in the fridge for up to 7 days.
How to Make Taco Salad
- Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your tortillas on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 5 minutes. Once they are dry cut the tortilla into very thin strips. Heat a little bit of oil on medium-high heat. Pace a handful of your tortilla strips into the hot oil, in a single layer. Use metal tongs to distribute the tortilla strips so that they aren’t overlapping and so that all sides get coated with oil. Fry for approximately 2 minutes until the chips just begin to color and they are firm. Set aside and allow them to cool completely.
- Select your base. I am a big fan of mixing kale, arugula, and spinach but you can choose any greens you prefer.
- Place your greens on a bowl and top with tortilla strips, cheese, amaranth, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with dressing.
I recommend that you assemble the salad once you are about to eat since the tortilla chips will become soft and soggy if you prepare it in advance.
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 3-4 corn tortillas
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 30 gr. cheese
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- For the dressing: In a small bowl add all the ingredients together and whisk until fully incorporated. You can keep in the fridge for up to 7 days. For the salad: Preheat your oven to 375. Lay your tortillas on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 5 minutes. Once they are dry cut the tortilla into very thin strips. Heat a little bit of oil on medium-high heat. Pace a handful of your tortilla strips into the hot oil, in a single layer. Use metal tongs to distribute the tortilla strips so that they aren’t overlapping and so that all sides get coated with oil. Fry for approximately 2 minutes until the chips just begin to color and they are firm. Set aside and allow them to cool completely. Select your base. I am a big fan of mixing kale, arugula, and spinach but you can choose any greens you prefer. Place your greens on a bowl and top with tortilla strips, cheese, amaranth, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with dressing.
These Vegan Gluten-Free Crepes are so easy anyone can make them. Plus, crepes are so versatile you can play adding sweet or savory ingredients. The combinations are endless. I have always loved crepes! Sweet, savory, a combination yo name it! I just love them but […]
This Healthy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich is the perfect creamy, cold, dairy treat for the summer. The cookies are made with almond flour, cacao, almond butter and other wholesome ingredients. It is beginning to look a lot like summer! Despite it is only March (late […]
This Sweet Potato Bread is perfect for breakfast or snack. Made with almond flour, eggs, and other wholesome ingredients. It is for sure going to become one of your favorite recipes!
I decided to make this delicious Sweet Potato Bread for one and only reason. I still had some Peanut Butter Frosting left from my Chocolate Protein Muffins with Peanut butter Frosting and I wanted to use it before it was too late. To be honest, I could just sit down right now and eat it with a spoon (yes it is that good) but I will resist the tentation and save it for this Sweet Potato Bread.
Almond Flour Benefits
I used almond flour instead of any other flour because everyone seems to be part of this keto movement so I want you guys to be able to eat this delicious Sweet Potato Bread. And if you are not in the keto wagon you are still going to love it plus almond flour has plenty of benefits.
- Low carb- Which means it helps to keep your energy levels and focus optimized without the blood sugar spike.
- Good for improving heart health.
- High in protein.
- High in antioxidants and minerals such as iron, manganese, and copper
Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @marianadiezcoach when you make this recipe! And try out my banana bread recipe
Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 can sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease baking pan with coconut oil.In a small bowl mix all your wet ingredients. In a medium bowl mix all your dry ingredients. Incorporate your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Pour your batter into the prepared baking pan and bake from 20-25 minutes.
These Healthy Chocolate Chip Waffles are the special treat breakfast you were looking for! Made with oat flour, almond flour, bananas, agave and chocolate chip. They make the perfect weekend treat! These Healthy Chocolate Chip Waffles are about to change your life forever! I promise […]
Upgrade your traditional banana bread with this Healthy Banana Bread Recipe. Made with oat flour, banana, pecans, and cinnamon. You will never miss dessert again! I love banana bread, well I love everything banana! My favorite smoothie since ever has, of course, bananas (check the […]
These Sweet Potato Waffles are kid-friendly and perfect for breakfast or brunch. Made with oatmeal flour, sweet potatoes, cinnamon and a touch of sweetener.
If you follow me on social media (which you should: @marianadiezcoach). You probably saw how much I bragged about my new waffle maker. I had been wanting one for a while but Adrian kept saying that we don’t have enough storage space at our kitchen for all the things I have. I have to be honest our kitchen is not the biggest and it definitely doesn’t have a lot of cabinets. And, well I do have a lot of kitchen utensils and appliances. But even though Adrian says some of them are useless I promise I use all of them. I just enjoy too much cooking and baking and if you like it too you probably know how important is to have this or that piece of equipment right? hahaha
How to Make Sweet Potato Waffles
Anyway, just to prove my point that I was going to be using my waffle maker a lot, just kidding, The truth is that I am obsessed with waffles (you can read more about my obsession on my previous post:) I have been testing lots of different recipes using my waffle maker. Some of them have not been quite that good, but some of them like these sweet potato waffles turned out delicious!
For this particular recipe I used oat flour but I think it might also work with almond flour for those of you who are on the keto diet. (I am not sure though. I haven’t personally tried it).
I sweetened them with a little bit of agave since the sweet potatoes add sweetness to them. Plus, you will probably be serving them with honey or maple syrup so you don’t need them to be that sweet.
I hope you enjoy them! And if you have any ideas or suggestions on a new waffle recipe please let me know! I would love to experiment and come up with something new. Until next time!
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp monk fruit
- In a small bowl whisk all of your wet ingredients. In a medium bowl mix all your dry ingredients. Add your wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined. Add a little bit of coconut oil to your waffle maker and pour 1/4 of the batter. Cook until waffles are crispy on the outside.
This Raspberry Gluten Free Tart is made with almond and oat flour for a perfect gluten-free dessert. A couple of weeks ago a friend invited us to her house for a demo cooking. I love this type of invitations since I enjoy a lot more […]