Love is in the air! It’s almost Valentine’s Day and today I want to share with you a special recipe. This Healthy No Bake Tart recipe is delicious and requires very few ingredients. Plus there is no baking involved! You only have to combine all […]
Enjoy this delicious no grain waffles made with Birch Benders Paleo Mix and topped with a simple jam made with frozen blackberries and chia seeds, no need for extra sugar. I love Saturday mornings so much. We usually stick to the same morning routine which […]
Quick and easy Chocolate Almond Butter Balls. Made with oats, sun warrior vegan chocolate powder, almond butter, dates, and milk. One of the easiest snacks you will ever prepare. Hey guys! So it is been a while since I posted my last recipe. But life […]
These mini cheesecake tarts are the perfect individual dessert. Made with Kates Real Food granola bars, cashews, lemon, and coconut milk for the perfect gluten-free, nondairy treat.
I am a huge fan of cheesecake but as with most desserts, it is usually loaded with tons of processed sugar and high in fat. So why not make a healthy version you can enjoy anytime without any guilt?
These mini cheesecake tarts are one of my favorite summer treats. You can also add some fresh fruit such as blueberries or raspberries before you freeze them. Or just add some fresh fruit or berry jam when you are about to eat them.
How to Make the Perfect Cheesecake Tart
- Soak cashews overnight.
- For the base: Add Kates Real Food Granola to a food processor along with dates and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- In a blender add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, and agave. Blend until smooth.
- Place your paper muffin cups a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. Scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp of crust and press with fingers.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
Mini Cheesecake Tarts
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2-3 Kates Real Food Granola
- 1. Soak cashews overnight. 2. For the base: Add Kates Real Food Granola to a food processor along with dates and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.3. In a blender add the soaked cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, and agave. Blend until smooth. 4. Place your paper muffin cups a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. Scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp of crust and press with fingers. 5. Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
This Healthy French toast Casserole is a delicious and decadent spin on the classic breakfast dish that can be made the day before and refrigerate overnight so it’s ready to bake and enjoy in the morning. As you all know I love having dessert for […]
This moist and fudgy Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread makes the perfect afternoon snack whenever you are in need of a chocolate fix. Made with whole wheat flour, zucchini, cacao, and chocolate chips make it the perfect indulgence. I love zucchini, in fact, it is one […]
This easy, healthy and deliciously Creamy Avocado Basil Pasta Spaghetti recipe is made with 5 ingredients and is ready in less than 15 minutes. You can make the Avocado Basil Pesto in the blender or food processor and is perfect to serve over pasta, noodles, rice, chips or your favorite vegetables.
This recipe is one of my all-time, go-to favorites! In fact, I am really surprised that I hadn’t share it with you guys before. So what is so great about this Avocado Basil Pesto Spaghetti besides the fact that it is made with avocados? I mean who doesn’t love avocados right? They are creamy, healthy and delicious. Plus, they are super versatile. (You can even use them to make sweet treats).
Well, let me tell you why this Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto Spaghetti has been one of my to go dinner recipes for quite a long time now.
- It is made with 5, good for you ingredients. Starting with avocados which are high in fiber and omega 3.
- It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. All you need to do is add all your ingredients to the blender or food processor and mix until you get a nice creamy consistency. Once your spaghetti is fully cooked add your sauce and voila!
- This Avocado Basil Pesto Spaghetti is vegan, dairy-free and sugar-free.
- Good for the whole family.
Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto Spaghetti
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- Boil water in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until al dente. While the pasta is cooking add the rest of the ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until everything is fully incorporated and you get a nice creamy consistency. Once the pasta is fully cooked drain and add sauce.
This Instant Chocolate Chia Pudding is made with just 5 ingredients you probably already have at home and the best part is you can eat it immediately so you don’t have to wait to leave it overnight. I have shared some overnight chia and oatmeal […]
This Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal is a healthy, breakfast twist on carrot cake. Made with oats, carrots and date syrup for a perfectly well-balanced breakfast. Now that the spring has finally settled and everyone is talking about the Eastern Bunnie I woke up with a […]
These light and fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes with raspberries, coconut yogurt, and maple syrup are some of the best pancakes you’ll ever eat.
To celebrate Mother’s Day I decided to upgrade our usual waffle/pancake brunch and create a whole new recipe: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. And while there are plenty of Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipes out there, I decided to give it a go and come up with my own version. These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and Paleo friendly. For the flour, I used a combination of almond and coconut flour which worked perfectly with the lemon. I mean lemon and coconut are a great combination right? As for the ricotta cheese, I love that it added a creamy richness to the pancakes without making them dense. For the topping, I used Siggis coconut yogurt cause again lemon and coconut, right? Fresh raspberries and of course maple syrup. Because what are pancakes without syrup right? If you are looking for a lower sugar maple alternative try ChocZero Maple Syrup.
How to Make the Perfect Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
First things first: zest a couple of lemons and squeeze about 1/4 lemon juice. Add both the zest and lemon juice to your coconut milk and allow the lemon juice to sit in the milk for a bit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
In a medium bowl mix together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
On a separate bowl beat the eggs, and add ricotta, coconut milk with lemon juice and maple syrup.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Once is warm enough add the batter into the skillet and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sides of the pancakes begin to firm up. Carefully flip and cook on the other side an additional 2 to 4 minutes, or until pancake is cooked through. Repeat for remaining batter.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest a couple of lemons and squeeze about 1/4 lemon juice. Add both the zest and lemon juice to your coconut milk and allow the lemon juice to sit in the milk for a bit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.In a medium bowl mix together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. On a separate bowl beat the eggs, and add ricotta, coconut milk with lemon juice and maple syrup. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add enough coconut oil to coat the whole skillet. Pour 1/4 of the batter into the skillet and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sides of the pancakes begin to firm up. Carefully flip and cook on the other side an additional 2 to 4 minutes, or until pancake is cooked through. Repeat for remaining batter.Top with fresh raspberries, coconut yogurt and maple syrup or any desired toppings.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with no refined sugar! Made with dark chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil for a quick, easy no bake treat! I made these Copycat Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups as a gift for my husband who loves Reeses. But of […]